Friday, January 27, 2012

Parmesan Crisps Tweetcipe

I’ve cooked for several dinner parties this month, and interestingly, my clients all picked Caesar salad as their first course. In a 2010 Tweetcipe I shared my Caesar salad dressing. Now I’m going to share how I make Parmesan crisps to garnish my Caesars.


Parmesan Crisps

1 – 8 oz container of grated quality Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven at 400. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.

Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping mound of Parmesan onto the cookie sheet. Try to mound the cheese as high as possible. Repeat, spacing each mound at least 4 inches apart. You should be able to make at least 6 crisps per cookie sheet.

Optional: Lightly sprinkle the cheese with freshly cracked pepper, smoked paprika, herbs de Provence or your favorite dried herb or spice.

Bake on a middle rack for 8-10 minutes. They should cook until they are flat, but don’t let the crisps brown or they’ll taste burnt. Let the crisps cool completely before removing them with a spatula. Place a crisp on each salad before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment